Chapter Twentyone
Message from God
(Unless I add more chapters, this will be the last chapter in my new book Increate Love by John Thwaytes.)
This is not really a message from God. It is just my imagination. It is what I feel God might say if He wanted to speak to me now.
God: " Hello John, I quite like your book about me. It is not bad. I know you are trying your best. So I feel I ought to help you to explain things a bit more.
Some people seem to think I am a dictator because I want everyone to do my will. But I am not a dictator. It is just that I am the only God there is. I have been looking around for all eternity, but I have not found any trace of another God, self-existent like me. So when I create other beings to share existence with me, I cannot allow them to become second gods and divide the cosmos into two or more warring parts. I am the only one who can hold cosmos together in a single harmonious whole in which every person is fairly treated. That is what I call righteousness. Deutero Isaiah was right about that. That is the reason why everyone should do my will, because then everyone will be safe, secure, and immortal. I am the only one who can guarantee that, and I do.
However, not everything in the cosmos is perfect all the time. There are temporary disharmonies and imperfections, even evil and sin. There are good reasons why I allow all that to happen. First, I cannot create persons without free will. It would be against my own nature and character to do so. Because of free will people make mistakes, and we all learn from those mistakes as well as by correcting them. I myself learn from the experience of all persons, and so I gradually modify my original value system to accommodate what I learn. If I did not allow some opposition to occur I would never be able to test my a priori ideas against concrete experience. Also, the imperfect ones like you, who have come up from an animal heritage get the benefit of personal experience of all phases of creation, as well as self co-creation, and overcoming many difficulties and obstacles. As a result they not only become very strong characters, but also very kind, compassionate, and sympathetic to other evolutionary creatures. I set up this obstacle course for their training so that I could reap the benefit of strong characters to work with me as partners in managing cosmos and stop it from going off the rails.
You have come quite close to understanding sequence beyond time and space. But I would like to add a couple of points. When I begat the Eternal Son from my own being, I gave Him everything I was and had, everything I could give Him, the whole of Infinity, and then we together begat the Holy Spirit and, in turn, we gave Him everything we have and are. But we still remain individual Persons, and each has his own character and special functions as well as being conjoined in the Holy Trinity, through which we jointly exercise the totality of the infinite and almighty power of God. In all actions concerning the totality we act together.
The difficulty for a finite time-bound being is how to understand sequence of events without time. I think you can partly understand it if you realize that when I begat the Eternal Son I also endowed Him with my own eternal and infinite memories of the events that happened to me when I was almost infinitely alone and yearning for a family and personal relationships. Since I endowed Him with my own infinite memories, they also became part of His consciousness. And we begat the Holy Spirit in the same way. They also shared with me my plans for the eternal development of the whole of creation, so that what you call the future became present to them as it is for me. I have the power, by contemplating any cause or sequence of causes, to visualize the effects for the whole of eternity, and I share this vision with the Son and the Holy Spirit. We three also act together perfectly as one whenever the Holy Spirit goes into the mode of Conjoint Actor, and then we act as One Infinite Spirit.
This is easy for you to understand, because you have studied the Urantia Book, and you know about my Thought Adjuster that I have given you. You already understand that, as you follow the ascension path after Adjuster Fusion, the Adjuster is one with you and he gradually grants you his own eternal memories from before the time you were born. It is those very memories that make you eternal and absonite. So something very similar to what happened between me and the Son and the Holy Spirit, also happens between you and your Thought Adjuster.
Scientists like Paul Davies say that without your memories you are no longer the same person. This might be so except for my presence. Even if you lose your memories, I never lose your memories, so your identity is always safe in my "hands". But they are right in the sense that identity cannot be preserved unless I preserve its memories.
I hope this will help people to understand what you and I are trying to tell them.
With best regards,
Yours sincerely,
God"
No comments:
Post a Comment